We are landscape architects who take our cues from nature’s blueprints. Our designs follow the principles of nature’s basic forms, so our creations enhance the environment, rather than fight against it. You’ll feel right at home, minus the roof. As a small business with big talent and big ideas, we’re all about client service, solid design, constructability and fun.
Patty King – President, Landscape Architect, Master Coffee Brewer and Quilter
GET TO KNOW US
As someone dedicated to everything that’s fun in life, Patty specializes in designing play environments and recreation facilities. Since graduating with honors from Ball State University in 1994, Patty has designed, estimated and overseen more than $95 million in public projects. Her years of experience in landscape architecture proved to Patty that recreation is serious business. She understands the complex relationship between design, budget and constructability and is committed to getting the greatest value for her clients’ money. “If the design is over budget, it didn’t meet a critical program element: cost.” Patty flexed her design muscle with Smith Group JJR, Hitchcock Design Group and George’s Landscaping, Inc. before founding Studio Bloom in 2013. A true Renaissance woman, Patty quilts, gardens, bakes bread, has completed the Chicago Marathon and holds a Green Belt in Shotokan Karate!
Just a few friends of STUDIO BLOOM
(aka Client List):
- Village of Addison
- Bloomingdale Park District
- Bureau of Architecture and Design
- Carol Stream Park District
- Charter Fitness, LLC
- Chicago Bears Football Club
- Chicago Park District
- FGM Architects
- GLI Services
- Hitchcock Design Group
- Homer Industries
- Mathis Construction
- Northbrook Park District
- Peerless Fence
- Warrenville Park District
- West Chicago Park District
- Wheeling Park District
Why they choose STUDIO BLOOM
(and you should, too):
- We know how to design and document ideas that evolve into exceptional landscapes and hardscapes. We’re also masters at building relationships and trust.
- You’ll find us to be accessible, easy to talk to, honest – and fun!
- We’ll help you realize your vision when you have one…or work with you to craft one when you don’t.
- We understand every step of the process from preparing grant applications and securing permits to product delivery and installation.
- And we’ll work with the contractor every step of the way to ensure the success of your project.
For the first 20 years of practice, Patty has had influence on planting an average of almost 400 trees per year.
Along with a few additional projects over the years, she has planted over 13,000 trees in these first 20 years.
These trees have absorbed over 7,000,000 pounds of Carbon Dioxide.
These trees have produced over 38,000,000 pounds of Oxygen (O2).
Landscape Design Services
It’s just what we do.
And how we do it.
We’ll talk about your needs and objectives…
Refine your vision and create a concept…
Review it with you…
Work it within your budget…
Finalize the design…
Produce grant applications, reports, and CDs…
Creativity at its best
Great design comes with understanding customer needs.